On Saturday 23rd April 2016 13 NASUWT members came together in Enniskillen to participate in a Senior Teacher Training Assessment Centre. Prior to the event an information session was held in the Killyhevlin Hotel and this seemed to prompt many members to attend.
The event was promoted to senior teachers/members within the specified area with the aim of assisting these members in taking the next steps into senior positions within their respective schools. Below were the objectives of the session:
• Setting the scene – fictional school and post linked to current context
• Completion and realisation of a self-SWOT analysis in regards to selected posts
• Matching current criteria to own self-SWOT analysis
• Practicing completion of a good practice application from (based on a fictional School)
• Introduction to neuro-linguistic-programming and the benefits associated
• Exploring how to win and influence the panel
• Working on context based interview questions (peer groupings)
• Completion of a mock interview on the same day
• Participation in a stress management questionnaire
• Engaging in next steps action planning
Post the event each candidate received their own individual feedback based on their SWOT analysis, application form and mock interview.