On Friday 11th September, Form 1 participated in a unique team-building day run by eye4education LLP. The programme was called the 5STEP Challenge in which pupils, split into teams, competed in a series of 5 scored activity stations. Pupils in their respective teams spent 30 minutes at each activity station before moving around to the next station in a carousel fashion.
The 5 stations included the following activities:
- Spellbound (literacy quiz using the electronic keypads to register team responses)
- High Tower (each team constructed the highest stable tower with set materials)
- Number Cruncher (numeracy quiz using the electronic keypads to register team responses)
- Marketing Madness (each team developed a marketing pitch as per the set problem)
- NASA Lift off (Rocket design and launch activity)
Overall it was a very interactive and entertaining day with the main aim of promoting friendship and group interaction among the whole of Form 1, as well as prompting a spirit of entrepreneurship and enterprise through the various mini competitions.